Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch (with Patrice)

Good morning!  I am joining Patrice on her farmhouse porch again this week.  I hope it's not storming there like it is here today!  :)
Everyday Ruralty

It must be challenging to come up with different questions each week, and I always look forward to see what she came up with for the week.......and here are this week's questions:

1.  Do you use any type of water filter (pitcher or sink mount)?

I don't use a pitcher or sink mount filter, but we do have a filter on our refrigerator and we get our drinking water from the water dispenser there or else just drink bottled water.

2.  Do you have any tips for staying hydrated in the warmer weather?

I'm happy to say I've greatly reduced my carbonated drinks (um....that would be diet dew)....and am drinking much more water.  From about noon or so, I have a glass of ice water all day that I sip on and refill all day long.  Water is the best!

3.  Is your hair naturally curly or straight?

I don't have one single bit of wave or curl.  My hair is as straight as it gets and fine too.  I have to admit, I would love to have a little wave or curl to my hair.

Straight and fine hair.....

4.  Are you on top of all the chores/work you do, or are you always running behind? 

That's funny.....and easy to answer.  Always running behind.  I'm a list person and plan to accomplish much....and then sometime during the day, I have to go to Plan B.  :)

5.  If you could sing a song to Wendell, what would it be?

Hmm.....well I sing all the time...in the shower, in the car....working around the house....all the time.  I think if I was out there with Wendell, I'd probably sing something like "You get a line and I'll get a pole, honey."  :)  I think that Wendell might like it.  After all, he IS a country horse.  :)

*****************************************

That was fun, Patrice!  Thanks for having us over!  And thank YOU for stopping by today!  You can join Patrice on the farmhouse porch too.  Just click on the button above.

Have a great day!

♥ Tammy ♥

13 comments:

Kim said...

I don't think anyone is happy with their hair. If its straight we want it curly and vice versa.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Straight hair has always been my curse. It doesn't seem to matter what products I use, I can curl in the morning and it's straight by noon!

Empty Nester said...

I wanted straight hair when I was in high school and I wanted curly hair when my girls were growing up. I got neither. LOL That's probably why I started putting it in a pony tail about 20 years ago and I still do it now.

Tiffany said...

Tammy that would be a good country song to sing.

Michelle said...

I really enjoy your porch chats. Thanks for sharing.

Becky G said...

I'm the same way. I have curly hair, but as a child I wanted straight hair. Now I just braid it up and don't worry about it any more.

Anonymous said...

Very cute questions/answers. I love your hair. Mine, of course, is wavy, and I wanted straight!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that song,"You get a line." I love listening to it on the Andy Griffith show. Funny answers and your hair is pretty straight.

Jazzmin said...

I didn't have a chance to post a chat yesterday, but I wish I would have. I enjoyed reading yours :)

That's a good way to get in your water, sipping on and refilling a glass. I think that would help me get in more water. I find myself opening a bottle and intend to drink it, then forget about it.

And I like your hair and your haircut! I think all of us girls and women have issues with our hair and wish it was different than what we have, hehe. I guess that's human nature. I sometimes feel like it would be nice to have either really straight like yours or really curly since mine is in between.

I liked your answer to the last question too :)

Have a blessed day!
~Jazzmin

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

These are so fun! :) Definitely linking up next week. :)

I'd give you some of the wave out of my hair if I could! ;) I love that picture of you. I have such a beautiful mama! :)

That song is so fun. :)

Love you! 8! Great post! :)

Love,
Joy :)

Patrice said...

Wendell likes the song, but he doesn't really want to fish. My hair is so frizzy right now that fine, straight hair sounds good. I guess that's the "grass is always greener" thing. :)

Suzanne McClendon said...

I love your song for Wendell. I always enjoyed hearing Andy and Opie sing it on The Andy Griffith Show. :)

Have a great week!

Unknown said...

It’s really informative post. I like the way you describe this. Thanks for sharing. . .
best movers and packers bhilai.