Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 36 ~

Hi there! 

We just got back from a weekend at my brother and sister-in-law's house in Alabama where we had a great time!  We always eat way too much when we're there, so it's a good thing we're not there THAT often.  While we were there, I thought I'd try a recipe for the gang from my Sweet Treats Pinterest board.  I decided to try candy stuffed croissants.   That's what I'm sharing for my Pinned it, Made it! Monday. 



Here's the original pin:

Source:  Something Swanky

The recipe is really easy.

Dessert Croissant Rolls

Ingredients:

1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls (makes 8)
Fillings of your choice (candy bars work well, any type of spread like Nutella, jam, or peanut butter, or any kind of chocolate, etc.)
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk

Instructions:

Unroll the crescent roll dough.
Spread the dough with your chosen fillings.
Roll the crescent dough just like you normally would.  Place the rolls on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes.
Whisk together the milk and powdered sugar.  Brush over the rolls fresh from the oven.


Words from Tammy:  I made something similiar to this sometime last year that just had chocolate chips in it.  I liked the idea of putting candy bars in them and especially the idea of the glaze on top.  We opted to try it with reeses cups.  I bought the mini ones and my helper (and niece), Shauna, chopped them into fourths for me.  We used 4 cans of crescent rolls....we had lots of mouths to feed!  It took about 3-4 of the mini reeses cups chopped per crescent roll.  And I adjusted the powdered sugar/milk ratio to accomodate the bigger recipe.  :)

Also I didn't use the parchment paper.  I just sprayed the baking sheet with cooking spray.  They turned out fine this way.



Then we just rolled them up.......



When they came out of the oven, I put the glaze on them..........



Then they were ready to enjoy..........



These were good!  They are sweet and rich, but really good.  We had some left over and my sister-in-law had a couple with her coffee the next morning.  I'll be making these again and maybe trying out different candy bars inside just to experiment. 

Now it's your turn!  I can't wait to see what you've been making from your Pinterest boards!

To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.


2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature an entry.

 
*************************************
 
 
Thanks for joining me today for Pinned it, Made it! Monday.  Have a great week!  :)


♥ Tammy ♥

9 comments:

Beth said...

The recipe sounds delicious!

Primitive Stars said...

Yum Yum, Tammy, those look so good...and easy peasy, thanks, Francine.

My Colonial Home said...

Oh how yummy sounding....I will try these for my grandchildren!
Glad you had a good time on your little get away - and I am one that thinks visiting and enjoying with company is the BEST TIME TO EAT...it's a good reason!
Karen

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Those look so good. :D It's a good recipe. Who thinks up this stuff? :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh man those look and sound so yummy.

Leah @CodeRedHat said...

OMG - Soooo wishing I wasn't on a diet right now.

Unknown said...

Yummy! These look so easy & fun, thanks for sharing:)

Allison said...

Yum--those look good!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

These look so yummy! I rarely buy crescent rolls, but sometimes our local grocery store has them marked down for great prices. I will have to remember this the next time I seem them on sale.