Tuesday, March 12, 2013

♥ Goodies for Decorating ♥

It's been awhile since I've been thrift shopping, or at least thrift shopping where I have found something to bring home with me.  However, this past Saturday I was so excited to spy these goodies and bring them home! 

I get really excited when I find one of these brown crocks, especially at a good price, so I knew it was coming home with me, if nothing else did.  I will probably rub some mocha glaze over the lighter spots and chips of the crock to give them an aged patina.



I also have a thing about cookie cutters, especially these red handled ones.  And the price was right on this little mason jar and tin, so I couldn't pass them up either.  Oh, and wooden spoons....I like those too.  I will be grubbying those up a little.



Finding these things is only half the fun.  The second half of the fun comes in decorating with them.  :)  I'll be working on that. 

I had to show you my woolie bunny made by Trace.  I won her contest by guessing how much she paid for a thrifty find and the prize was this little fella.  Isn't he cute?  :)



And just yesterday, I received the penny rug that I ordered from Felicia. It matches my kitchen perfectly!  I love these colors! 



I get a little excited when I get to add a few new goodies to my home.  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll come back and join my guest and I on the sunporch tomorrow for a chat.....the more the merrier!  :)

Oh, and if you would like to sign up for The Bible Mini-Series giveaway, you can do so here.  I will announce the winner on my Faithful Friday post on Friday, March 15th. 

Have a great day!

♥ Tammy ♥    

15 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Tammy, great finds, love the brown crock, fantastic!!! Sweet bunny made by Trace, she does wonderful woolie work......Also beautiful penny mat made by Felicia, looks great with the bowl of grungy blue eggs, love them too.....Enjoy the day, Hugs Francine.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Tammy, great finds, love the brown crock, fantastic!!! Sweet bunny made by Trace, she does wonderful woolie work......Also beautiful penny mat made by Felicia, looks great with the bowl of grungy blue eggs, love them too.....Enjoy the day, Hugs Francine.

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Tammy, I love all the great goodies that you bought, you now can decorate with all your goodies and the blue eggs you bought are wonderful. You could keep them out even through summer.

I also love the cute bunny that you won from Trace. She does beautiful work and puts alot of love in her creations.
I got 3 chicks that she made me last year and I have them out!

Think Spring,
Hugs,
Tricia

Wendi said...

Great finds! I have a thing for Mason jars. I find it hard to walk away from them!

Have a great day!

Beth said...

Congrats on your wonderful finds!

LynnMarie said...

What nice finds you got!! Doesn't it feel good to find something new to you and then bring it home to make your home more "welcoming"? Great finds

Dawn said...

Your eggs are fantastic and I WANT those cookie cutters. Love them! Great crock too, I have one in the dark brown and use it to hold my garden seeds.

Patty Sumner said...

Don'e you just love it when you can find such wonderful things at really great prices... You hit the mother load. I am not getting out my Easter decor, since we are in the middle of redoing our new "old" farmhouse..Your home decor always looks great. Blessings!

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Tammy,
Just look at the wonderfully worn treasures. Just about the only shopping I do these days is thrifting. I love your big brown crock. It suits your country home so perfectly.
I love your wollen bunny. What a delight to win such a wonderful giveaway.
Oh...Just look at the Felicia's perfect stitching! What a beautiful penny rug.
Thank you for stopping by and for you sweet comment.
Have a happy day, my friend.
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

jody said...

love your thrift finds and i would of come home with the crock too! always fun to get little goodies in the mail too!enjoy your day!

Holly said...

Love all of your new goodies. We never find anything "prim" at our thrift shops here. Have fun decorating!

Lois Christensen said...

What cute finds. I love the cookie cutters. My mom has a few like them that she received for her bridal shower over 55 years ago!

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Tammy, Just found your blog and enjoyed all your finds. That crock is so beautiful and I too have some woolie love from Granny Trace! That bunny just makes me smile!

Trace4J said...

What a treasure indeed friend.
Oh the bunny looks so perfect there.
Love the rug done by Felicia too.
Have a wonderful week.
Woolie Hugs
Trace

bettyj said...

Love all your new goodies. Have fun playing!