Thursday, January 17, 2013

♥ Most Days ♥

Most days around here, if you were to drop by, you’d probably see something like this……..right in the middle of my living room.  Luke's room is too small to stretch his tracks and trains out like he loves.


Again, these pics were taken with my "dumb" phone....not the best quality.....I miss my camera!!!

Jason actually cut these blocks for Luke for Christmas because he loves to build and we gave them to him in a Rubbermaid box. He has spent hours playing with them already.


I really don’t mind the mess. I’ve gotten used to just walking over them…….as long as they’re picked up by the end of the day and I can walk into a freshly picked up living room in the morning. I need at least that much for my sanity.

It keeps him busy while Joy and I are schooling and he can make some pretty elaborate designs.
He loves to makes bridges and tunnels and he narrates as he plays, just like they do on Thomas the Tank Engine. So much can be learned though by being left alone with creative play.

I know one day the house will be clean and quiet, and I’ll miss these days........so if you were to drop by, you’d just have to excuse the mess.  :)

♥ Tammy ♥

11 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Hi Tammy, This looks like my daughter's home(and one doesn't have boys old enough to play yet)...but having Legos, blocks, playdough or whatever helps while mom's do the teaching. I think it is wonderful and I do miss those days!
Hugs, Noreen

Angela said...

Love it Tammy. That's what a home is, full of love, creativity, children, and life. Had much rather visit your home like this than magazine perfect. Had a fun day today,, a little watch for a snowflake party with my girls and a friend. So much fun. I had little dots EVERYWHERE because Darbee Rae found the hold punchers. Nothing gives a better feeling than watching our little ones be creative and playing. Oh and darkness is almost surrounding us and we have yet to see anything more exciting than rain drops. Have a blessed evening
Angela

Primitive Stars said...

That's what makes a house a home Tammy....ahhhh memories, Francine.

Unknown said...

This reminds me of the times my two boys would have their toys all over the room, although, their play room was always clean! They loved being in the room with the rest of us!

Wendi said...

Looks just like my place! :)

Holly said...

Love it! Most days at our house, you would find a pile of material, scissors, tape and markers laying around because Darbee Rae is "making something." Or, it might be a huge dress up box and princess clothes strewn all through the house. I love it though and like you, know I will one day miss it. Have a great evening.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

I'm so proud of Luke and his little towns! :) He's a great builder. :) And I love our home and the way we do life, even if it is a little messy sometimes. :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

jennifer768 said...

Love it Tammy!Brings back many great memories!Hugs,Jen

Robyn ♥ said...

I totally know what you're talking about. My son loves to make forts with the couch cushions and I have cars all over my floor. Wouldn't trade it for the world! :)

LynnMarie said...

Our kids are grown and married so our house stay clean, until the grand kids come and our living room looks like yours. I love it. Enjoy it all, they grow up way to fast.

arkie said...

I love how he has incorporated the wooden blocks with his trains! My grand children mostly scatter their toys all over. I don't mind too much as long as there is some kind of order at bedtime. I just can't sleep if I know things aren't in order in the kitchen and living room. My husband calls me Mrs. Monk! It really does help me think in the mornings!