Tuesday, January 15, 2013

♥ Chats on the Farmhouse Porch ♥

Don’t fall over….it’s two posts in one day for me! I kept telling myself I was going to do Patrice’s Chats on the Farmhouse Porch on Tuesdays when I could remember. I think they’re fun and I know how I love hosting the Sunporch Chats with fellow bloggers. (I promise I didn't copy her....I never knew about hers until after the fact!)  But with hers, anyone can join in and it's every Tuesday with a new set of questions!  And since we’re sort of iced in today, I had the time to participate!  :)

Everyday Ruralty

So here we go….


QUESTIONS

1. What was your favorite game as a child?

As a child, in our neighborhood, I enjoyed playing games of baseball. We would get everyone together for games of baseball and sometimes even the adults would play. We also loved playing dodge ball. I broke my pinkie finger playing dodgeball actually, which is still crooked to this day.  When I was alone, I liked to play house or school with my dolls. My dolls were always named Rebecca or Rachel.  :)

2. Have you ever had your own business? (home business, a shop, Etsy, lemonade stand, etc)

Well now I’m a piano teacher, so I suppose that’s my own business and I’m a Mary Kay consultant as well. I’ve also had an Etsy, but that mostly was for Jason’s creations that I helped him with. Of course, I had many lemonade stands as a child….pretty successful ones actually.

3. How’s your spelling?

I’ve always been stronger in the language arts (spelling, vocabulary, grammar, literature, etc..) than math and science. I have a theory that you’re either a language arts person or a math person….usually not both. I’m definitely not the strong-in-math-person…..thankfully Jason is! That’s not to say I don’t get in a hurry and make mistakes with my spelling or grammar at times, but spelling and grammar mistakes bother me and I’ve always found that those two subjects come fairly easy to me and I enjoy them both.  I love words and the written language!  I sometimes write down words for later use if I like the way they sound or look!  :)

4. How are you about going to the dentist?

I.do.not.like.it. I don’t trust dentists and I have TMJ so it’s painful as well. (Sorry if you are a dentist or your husband is one), but the only thing I like about going to the dentist is getting the gas. They always ask if I want the gas when I go in, and I wonder who wouldn’t?  I always want them to just leave me alone in there to enjoy that stuff!  :)   Terrible, I know...but now you have my confession!  :)

5. Do you enjoy board games?

Yes, I do. Here lately, we’ve been playing Scrabble and Scategories mostly, but yes, I enjoy boardgames! Joy and I especially do….it’s not as easy to get Jason to play, but he’ll do it for us. Luke loves to play the ones he can! 

That was fun! If you would like to participate in Chats on the Farmhouse Porch, click here. You can also find the links to other bloggers’ answers to the questions!


*********************************************

How’s the weather in your neck of the woods? We have freezing rain, sleet, and ice pellets. It’s not very nice here. We’re hoping it doesn’t accumulate on the trees so much that we have snapped branches and lines leaving us without electricity.

Thanks so much for stopping by! And to those that signed up for the Pay it Forward, thank you! (I actually still have room for more if you would like to participate).

♥ Tammy ♥ 

9 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

That was fun to read! :) I might have to join in sometime. :)

Love you! 8!
Joy :)

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrice said...

I used to enjoy playing house when I was a child. I think being a music teacher is a great business. I have known quite a few piano teachers over the years. My oldest studied with the intent of being a concert pianist, but in her junior year, decided she would major in journalism when she went to college. She couldn't handle the stress of performance. My second daughter wants to be an opera singer. She also studies harp and piano. Third is my horse girl. Number four loves music and is doing well in piano. Once she got counting and using a metronome, the learning curve went up a lot. I hope to see you on the porch again soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your frightful weather.
I enjoyed learning more about you with the farmhouse chat today.

Thanks for your prayers and kind words for my friend.

Stay safe and warm, Mildred

Primitive Stars said...

Always enjoy the chats on the porch.....I love playing house to, spelling, well.....Freezing cold here, wicked wind chill, Francine.

Beth said...

I too loved playing baseball when I was a kid. We would play in the street and only move when a car would be coming. Of course this was in a little town.

Madonna said...

we play a lot of scattergories here also. I always wanted to be able to play piano but I have no music ability at all. The weather here is just as nasty as yours.

LynnMarie said...

I am a terrible speller so I married my spell checker! I never got how words would have letters on them that you don't pronounce and when I asked for help to figure out the word I was told to sound out ALL the letters! Really? If we don't sound out the letter, then why is it there? That has always bothered me. I don't like dentist either. I feel your pain...

Unknown said...

I love your pictures. Simplicity is the best.