Thursday, November 18, 2010

One More Home Improvement Project Checked Off the List....

It feels so good to check another thing off our list!  The shed facelift is done and we're so pleased with how it turned out!  (Please excuse the mess still lying around....I took the pictures as soon as I could....didn't take time to clean up yet).



As a matter of fact, Joy said, "Are we just going to store things in it now?"  "It's so pretty, it should be a little cabin or something".  And I totally agree with her.  As a matter of fact, it has a front porch and I think now the porch is begging to be decorated.  :) 



What did we do?  There were some structural things that had to be done as in replacement of some framing.  Then as time and our budget allowed, we (well....mostly Jason) replaced the siding with Hardie board cement siding. We bought a new front door and Jason built the big side door. 



We painted the siding a color called Ginger Spice and the doors were painted Longjohn Red.  And Jason even painted my barn star red for me and hung it too!  That just completed it!



And so it's done!  Yay!  Now to finish my upstairs bathroom!  The list is never ending.  And believe me I DO have a list!  :)  Wish we had the pocketbook to back up the projects we dream up because it would be nice to have it all right now.  But then again, that's part of the fun......dreaming and planning, right?

And thanks to those that gave me leads on finding a stocking for Luke!  My bloggin friend, Gina, had an unbelievably close match in an old quilt and she's whipping one up for Luke!  I'll show it to you when she finishes and we get it hung!  Thank you so much, Gina!

And thank you so much for stopping by and making a visit to my blog a part of your day today! 

Hugs & Blessings,
~ Tammy ~   

14 comments:

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mom,

I love it!!!! We should make it a little cabin for me and my friends. :) Heehee. In the first pic it almost looks like there's a pile of wood waiting to be burned in a fireplace out back!

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

It looks wonderful Tammy!! I always a have a to do list too and we just do things over time as well. I think that is one of the rules of owning a home. Your to do list never ever gets done! LOL

Have a great weekend! hugs!! <3

Hollie said...

It does look great Tammy! Sounds like Joy has her own plans...LOL
I can't wait to see Luke's stocking!

Tanya said...

That is an amazing project. That shed looks like perfection to me. WOW! It needs to be entered in some kind of a contest! Jason does fantastic work! He's a keeper! HA!
So glad you found a stocking maker...Can't wait to see the family all hung up together.
P.S. I'm siding with Joy on this on...it needs to be a cabin. :0)

Wendi said...

Looks great and I agree that the porch is begging to be decorated. Your hubby did a fantastic job on the door! It has a great '50's vintage look to it.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Amazing! I love it!
You will have a lot of fun decorating the porch!
You know life is full of projects.....
I have so many ideas that will probably never see the light of day!
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love your little cabin..and I agree..make it a little place to entertain and have tea parties are get togethers.:)

renee said...

Hi Tammy! It looks great! I know what you mean about wanting things all done right now! LOL! I do think it's rewarding though to step back and look at all that you have completed! I am glad you found a stocking for Luke too! I think Joy is wanting a hideaway!
Have a good evening,
Blessings,
Renee

LynnMarie said...

WOW I love it and the colors are really nice to. I really like the idea of the cabin - for guest. I've so enjoyed coming by to visit.
I enjoy your blog very much and I have an award for you on my blog. Please stop by to collect it.

At Home With Amy said...

It looks great Tammy. You and Jason work great together. How fabulous that Gina can help you out with Lukes stocking. She is a fantastic crafter for sure and I know you will love it.
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs, AMY

Mandy said...

It looks so good! Having a pretty storage building adds a lot of character to a property - I know you are proud of a job well done!

Never So Simple said...

I agree with Joy I could live there. :) I was going to give you the name and numnber of a store but you already got a stocking. Great job and so fast.

Can't wait to see Christmas pictures. :)

Donna

Melissa said...

Really, really nice!
Glad you found a solution to the stocking!

Nancy M. said...

It's beautiful! I agree with Joy, way to pretty for storage, lol! I'm glad you were able to find a stocking for Luke!