Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Boy and His Tractor

Did you know there's a special connection between a boy and his tractor?  

Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Luke who loved vehicles....all vehicles......cars, trucks, (especially 18 wheelers), 4-wheelers, construction equipment, and tractors....just about anything with wheels really.  Well, we were out in the backyard back behind the pool area where Jason was working on our outbuilding and Luke spotted it.  "It" was a kid sized John Deere tractor hidden under a couple of saw horses piled with lumber.  That tractor has been there for a LONG time.  It belonged to Colt.....and Colt is 21.  Not much gets past Luke.  I managed to redirect his attention to something else, because I didn't have any idea what was lurking under that pile of stuff and planned to have Jason get it out later and give it a good washing.  

Well, Luke didn't forget.  He was outside with my dad on Labor Day and took him by the hand and led him around back directly to the tractor.  I bet you can imagine what happened next.  Pop didn't try to redirect attention.  The next thing I knew, the tractor was sitting on my sunporch with a very proud Luke proclaiming "Luke-ah's tractor".  Now mind you, it was dirty, duct-taped in spots where it was busted, and minus the pedals.  But you would have thought it was the best of the best by how proud he was of his tractor.  So, he and Pop took it back outside and Pop turned Luke loose with washing it and "taking care of it".  Luke was SO proud.  The rest of these pictures tell the story.  Never mind the way he was dressed.  I had no idea I would be photographing him when I quickly grabbed mismatched shorts for him to play outside (first thing we could find that was clean).

And so the boy and his tractor are living happily ever after. (Thank you, Pop)!  :)

*****************************************

If you came over to sign up for the fall giveaway, scroll on down to the post below!

24 comments:

Farmchick said...

Very cute! Yes...boys do love their tractors...we have several boys around here {big and small} that love their tractors. ;) Come over and visit. I have a yummy cupcake recipe posted. :)

Twin Creek Primitives said...

Oh my gosh! How absolutely ADORABLE!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a wonderful bonding experience for them! That last photo is priceless!!

Jessica said...

Very sweet! Luke is so precious.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what cute pictures of Luke washing his tractor..and the one with Pop is priceless..;) thanks for sharing..oh and he looks cute in his duds.;)

♦Down Willow Lane♦ said...

He looked like he so much care in cleaning his new vehicle.His expressions in each photo are wonderful to see.

Lisa B. said...

Oh, what a sweet sweet story. I love it.

Wendi said...

So sweet!

terryp said...

Oh, Tammy. The pictures are wonderful. Luke is so precious!!! You have given him a wonderful life with your family.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Well, he knew what to do right away, didn't he? His Pop looks as happy as he is. Fits in like a hand in a glove. You know it will never change. Mike is 57 and still loves all vehicles.
Side note---Mya stumbled today and hit her chin on the sidewalk and ended up getting 3 stitches. She did NOT enjoy her trip to the ER.
★Linda★

Phyllis said...

Hi Tammy,

What a cute story and adorable pictures. He looks so serious washing his tractor!

Tanya said...

That is so cute and so "BOY". I agree that God made little boys to just know what to do with things with wheels and also the sounds they make! I remember so well my 24 year old baby boy doing those exact things. I think I'm going to cry!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Nancy M. said...

I know what you mean! My son loves tractors too, and anything else with wheels or motors or wings, lol! It looks great after he washed it up!

Annie said...

Golly, Luke is just about the cutest little thing!!!! My boys loved their trucks too. I never thought I would know all the names of every kind of construction truck - but after 3 boys - I do!!! hehe!

At Home With Amy said...

How precious this post was Tammy. Luke is just beaming. He seems to be adjusting well. I bet Luke's Pop enjoyed watching him work to get his tractor all cleaned up.
Hugs,
AMY

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

How cute is that? I bet he is having the time of his life riding his tractor!

Have a happy week, Tammy!

~Carolyn

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Oh so precious -

Those pictures are priceless and he will enjoy that tractor for many years. Your dad looked like he was enjoying it also.

Sharon said...

Tammy
He is just adorable!!!
Your photo of your dad and Luke is just priceless.
Hugs

Kim said...

Tammy,
That is too cute! We have a John Deere tractor that we found on the side of the road with a sign on it saying "FREE" a couple of years ago. Of course we had to bring it home for the nephews, our son just turn 19, so it wasn't his thing anymore.
Kim in OK

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

What a great story & photos to go with! Love the pic of him with his poppop...so sweet!

A Primitive Homestead said...

Every boy I know always loves a tractor. My youngest son will be having his birthday very soon. No matter what he always gets a tractor. This year he wants it on his cake. Enjoy your tractor Luke!

Paula said...

Awwww! That is the sweetest thing ever, Tammy!
(And my Hubby said to tell you when Luke gets done cleaning that one, send him our way! *giggle*)

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

there is only one word....perfect

Melissa said...

Can I tell you how stinking cute this is?!!! :)