Saturday, April 17, 2010

One More Baby Step Behind Us....

Okay, from what you tell me, you're not getting tired of hearing about our little baby steps in the adoption. So, I'm back again with more news! :)

This past Wednesday, I called the Immigration office to see how we were coming along on our I-800 approval. I actually spoke with our officer, who told me that according to our timeline, she should receive our paperwork in the mail anyday for review. She told me to call back on Friday to see if we had our approval yet.

So, I called back yesterday and am happy to tell you that we received our I-800 approval on the very day I had called in....Wednesday, April 14th! Our officer was so sweet and said she got it approved and out and on its way to me (the I-800 receipt) and sent to NVC (National Visa Center) that very same day that we talked. She was even nice enough to give me a contact phone number for the NVC office (so I can bug them now)! :) God bless that girl...she did her part quickly and with enthusiasm for making us happy too! I made sure to tell her how thankful I was for that!




Now for those of you that are wondering why in the world it's taking so long (just so you know...I wonder that too....all.the.time.!!!), I'll fill you in on the next baby steps to getting Luke:

We now wait until we receive a letter from NVC, and then that has to be faxed in to our coordinator at the agency. This is cabled to Guangzhou, China to the US Embassy there. There's a lady in China who has our money in hand for Luke's visa. That lady will then take the money and Luke's visa application to the US Consulate. Then we wait to be issued an Article 5. And then after the Article 5 comes, we receive our TA (travel approval), which I'm hoping and praying can possibly come within 2 weeks after our Article 5, (but it could be 3 weeks or so).

Now you see how it's truly important and such a blessing when each step takes place, and especially when it's done in a timely manner? One step depends upon the next!

Then...that's the last of the baby steps. The next step and post you will see from me is "We're going to China"!!!!!

Thanks for the continued support and prayers! I appreciate it more than you'll ever know! I can't wait until the day I can share the pics of us finally holding him!

Have a great weekend! :)

16 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Tammy~ I can't wait to hear you are going to China! I can't imagine how frustrating the wait is for you, but I so enjoy hearing about your journey to little Luke:)Hang in there!

Dan said...

Tammy~

I am so glad that you are one step closer to getting Luke. I know that you are so excited. I pray that the next steps go even quicker! I hope you have a great weekend!

~Dan~

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I know it seems like its moving slowly..but it really seems to be falling into place..:) have a great weekend and like Dan says..lets hope the next steps are quicker.:)

Mandy said...

Tammy, I can't imagine going through all these steps that you've had to go through!

You said earlier you thought maybe we weren't interested in all these steps, but it's actually quite the opposite. It's very interesting to actually see what is involved in an adoption like this. I really appreciate you taking the time to share it with us step by step. We will all be rejoicing with you when we hear you're going to China!

arkie said...

Love your baby steps getting done! Summer is going to be a great time for your family! God Bless!

Tamera's Craft Palace said...

I am so THRILLED for you!! It seems god is sending angels ahead of every document to clear the way for Luke!!

Our family said...

I am so happy for you, Tammy! All of these little baby steps will eventually equate to us being united w/ our sons! Congrats on I-800 approval.

Audrey said...

How wonderful the woman acted so quickly...it is nice to be reminded that Gods hand is in all of this. I will continue my prayers.

terrypi said...

Oh, I am so excited for your family and Luke as well. I just can't wait for that little boy to be with you. I love seeing his pictures. Whata beautiful little boy.

Simple Home said...

Wonderful news, my kids will be thrilled too! It's getting closer. I'll bet you're all jumping up and down with each step.
Blessings,
Marcia

Laura said...

Tammy I was soo happy to read this post and now I can't wait to read the next title "we're flying to China"!!
Good luck Tammy and be sure my prayers are with you and your family: steps must go quickier!! :) :)
Laura

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

YAY!!!
As with everything GOOD and WONDERFUL in life...it all begins with baby steps :) God is sure playin a part in all of this, Tammy!! You're almost there...can't wait for the "We're goin to China" post! But I am even more excited for all the upcoming "Luke/family" posts ;)
((hugs))

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Inch by inch. Step by step - you are making progress towards holding your son in your arms!! How amazing!!

Melissa said...

Hooray! Congrats!!! That's a really huge step! There are some very nice people at the Hague Unit...I am glad you were assigned to one of them.

Yoli said...

He is adorable and I hope this time flys for you. I know how hard it is to look at a picture when all you want to do is get on a plane to your child.

The Greig Family said...

How exciting about your I800 approval! I am waiting on mine right now and was told it may get approved today! Our time line is really close. Maybe we'll end up going at the same time? I was really hoping for a mid-June trip. Luke is just adorable!

Nikki