Saturday, March 13, 2010

Waiting.......Day 43.....

Waiting. I'm really not liking it at all. As a matter of fact, I'm having a really hard time with it.

Today is day 43 of our wait to LOA, which is the next big step to Luke.

I can't seem to concentrate on any one thing long enough, and it's showing. I wake up at night thinking of things I need to do to prepare or to get for Luke to be ready. I wonder what he's doing....how they're preparing him.....what he will think of us.....how he will react. Can you tell I'm a person that likes to have a little more control of the situation?

Recently, one of our fellow BAAS families received their LOA on day 74. I was really hoping for more around the 60 mark. Every day I get up and think what day we're on. The good news is that this family's estimated date of travel is mid May. That gives me hope by calculating that even if our LOA comes at 72 or 74, our estimated travel date would or could still be mid June.

Before we were logged in, I had this date in my head that we would be logged in and it was January 28th. I missed it by one day. We were logged in on January 29th.

I've had this week in my head for quite awhile now that we will travel to China and it is the third week of June. I hope I'm wrong and it's earlier, more like the first of June (that would be perfect), but not wrong, and it be later. We'll see how it all unfolds. But please let it be at least June....

Okay, now if you've stayed with me this far and put up with my pity party today, bless you! So now I want to show you something that did put a smile on my face!

A little before the Chinese New Year (Spring Festival), which is a big celebration day in China, my blogging friend and fellow adoptive mom, Melissa, contacted me and asked if I would be interested in the two of us going in together and having cakes sent for the staff and children of the orphanage that our kids (our Luke and her Sofie) are from. We loved that idea, so our family agreed and we ordered cakes to have sent.

Well....I received these pictures from Angela of Ladybugs N Love, who also sends care packages (where we ordered the cakes) for adoptive families. The orphanage in Inner Mongolia sent her these pics of the staff and children enjoying the cakes. They were very happy and appreciative to receive them! I am impressed with how nice (and clean) the orphanage looks!



See the littlest girl in the front middle there (striped sweater)? That's Melissa's precious daughter, Sofie. Although her daughter has been with a foster family, Melissa suspected that Sofie would be back at the orphanage possibly for the Chinese New Year, since they were coming for her shortly after. She was. This confirms, I suppose, that they do remove the kids from their foster family (if they are in one) about a week before the adoptive parents' arrival. At first I thought this was really cruel, but the more I've thought about it (and talked with some folks), I've decided that this is probably good, and maybe they know that. My hope and prayer is that they take this time to get them out of the foster family's direct sight and routine and take them to the orphanage and do their best to prepare them for the family that's coming for them. Then we arrive ready to shower them with love!



In these pictures, little Sofie doesn't look so happy to be here.....But she's a happy little three year old girl now! She has done so well adjusting! And did I mention how cute she is??? Melissa and her husband left to go pick Sofie up on February 24th. They have their little girl and will either be headed home or possibly even home by the time this post goes on! They have been having lots of fun with their little princess! If you'd like to read about their journey, click here.

And last but not least, since Luke obviously wasn't at the orphanage at the time that they were enjoying the cakes, the orphanage director was nice enough to send Angela a couple of pictures of Luke enjoying his own birthday cake in his foster family's home and one of them was a different picture than I received before! Just look at that smile! The pictures keep me going.



And now the wait continues........come on LOA.......

20 comments:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Awwww Tammy...
Everytime I read your posts I tear up. I just cant wait til you all can be with your lil guy and he can home home!!

Anne said...

Tammy....
Oh, I know it must be so hard the waiting. But remember there is a time for every purpose....but you already know this. I cant wait till this time next year when every one is home, settled and the pictures keep coming-lol!! Just think about how fun Christmas will be this year!!!
Hugs,your Sister In The Lord
Anne

Debbie said...

I can only imagine how hard the waiting must be. *great big hugs* I personally want to thank you for sharing the story and the pictures of the process your going through. I would love to do this... :)

Take care and saying prayers that your family is all under one roof soon!

*hugs*

Debbie

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Bless your heart, Tammy! Waiting is really hard for me too, but someone very wise once told me that GOD'S TIMING IS ALWAYS PERFECT! And nothing could be truer. Hold onto that as you wait for sweet Luke. We may not understand why we have to be patient and wait, but be assured that the Lord does and He is handling it.
Sending you a big hug!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love the photos and Luke has such a cute little smile and seems to be in good hands for right now.:) keep busy it will help the time to move faster.;)

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Oh, the waiting! I hope God's timing is swift, Tammy!

Fortunately, you've had some sweet distractions with the bedding and bedroom plans. Luke is going to have one fantastic little room! I vote for blue walls. If you're having a tough time finding the right blue, just ask Lowe's to color match the blue in his quilt. That's what we did in Brendan's room.

Hang in there, my friend. Every day is one day closer...

Wendi said...

My Megan was in foster care and I asked our guide about the children coming back to the orphanage before being placed with us. She said that it is done so the children have a little bit of time to grieve for their foster familes. She also said that it is thought that it helps the children to not have a direct thought pattern of being removed from the foster family and then being immediately placed with their forever family. I do know that the best interest of the children is a priority.

I know the wait is very hard. Hang in there... you will be there soon!

Simple Home said...

Oh, your sweet son is beautiful. I love his smile. My boys are praying for that date to come soon, so are we all.
Blessings,
Marcia

Farmchick said...

I am so looking forward to do the day that your have little Luke at homw with you..........such a long wait for you and your family but it will be worth it! :) Stop by for a visit soon.

Denise said...

That smile says it all!!

XXDenise

Dan said...

Tammy~

Gosh! It must be so hard to wait, but as I am sure you know, it will be worth it! Pretty soon you will have that precious boy in your arms and all the waiting and frustration will be a distant memory. I pray for your family and think of you often. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! ~Dan~

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Relax, Sweetie--you can't hurry anything or change anything. You know exactly how this process works and you know the delightful, thrilling reward your patience brings. Stop worrying and fretting about anything. You and your family are perfect and Luke will round out your perfect family when the time is perfect!!!!
Love you and praying for you!!!
★ Linda

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh Tammy - I can't imagine how hard it is to wait. I have nothing to compare it to. So I am sending lots of hugs of support so you know you are thought of often!

Our family said...

What can I say but, I know exactly how you feel! Day 53 today for me. We will get there, Lord willing, and in His perfect timing. It is so difficult to wait and have absolutely ZERO control - I'm a control freak so this part is especially hard for me : ) I pray it is soon for both of us.

Never So Simple said...

You are waiting for Luke and I am waiting for a home. I know it's different but I can understand how you feel. It's like you know that day is coming but when how much longer. I feel like little kids before Christmas like I'm just going to bust if that day doesn't hurry up and get here. Tammy good things come to those who wait what a wonderful day that will be when you finally get to meet Luke.

Always thinking of you and your family.

Donna

Kim said...

Tammy- We're another BAAS family and I just wanted to say hang in there. It is SO hard waiting for our children! I think of our daughter all day long, every minute of every day! I think the hardest part is just not knowing. How long will each step take? If they could just give us a date from the beginning, we could deal with that! Your family is beautiful and Luke is incredibly handsome! Love, Kim

Nicole said...

Look at that smile!! He is just too cute!
This wait is really difficult!!!!! Come on LOA's!!!!!
Nicole

Blessed Beyond said...

What a precious smile!! Love the new picture of your precious Luke! Waiting is the worst part of the process! It will be here before you know. Praying for it to be much sooner than you think.
Hugs and Blessings,

Sharon said...

Tammy
I just can not imagine how hard it must be.
Prayers for you and your family that your LOA will go by quickly.
He is so cute and that smile is priceless and it will soon be something that you will see everyday.
It is truly GOD's timing!!!

Traci said...

Hi Tammy!

1...He's perfect and I'm anxiously counting down with you!
2...I didn't know you knew Melissa! Although it makes total sense since your kids are in the same area. Melissa and Brandon & Herman and I were matched with our girls on the same day and she's been such a breath of fresh air through this process. LOVE her!
3...The little drumkit that E has is from the toy company Plan Toys. I got E's at GAP, but you can also order it on Amazon. Yay!