Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Scrapbook Page....Music is his Passion

I really do love to scrapbook, but sadly enough, I don't do it as often as I would like. I know it has to do with being a bit of a perfectionist about my pictures and layouts. I find myself thinking too much and too long! I wonder if I'll love this layout a year from now! Crazy I know, I'm working on "getting over it."

Being the person that always has a camera in her hand and takes tons of pictures....more than you could ever do anything with....makes it more difficult and puts the pressure on because I know I'll never be caught up! I'm trying to just scrapbook random pictures and alternate between doing one for each of my children. That seems to be working a little better. So how do you seasoned scrapbookers manage to get alot done?

I also have a hard time choosing just which pictures will go on a scrapbook page. I like SO MANY of them that it turns into a major decision every time. Do any of you scrapbookers have that problem?

I think that fact and the actual process of pulling all my supplies out sometimes keeps me from working on a page when I really should. I don't often have a long period of time to work on a page. Recently though, I did set up a craft table upstairs in our loft area and that seems to help some. And it always help to get together with a group of like minded scrapbooking friends! It's during those times that I actually accomplish something (like the layout I'm sharing today).

Today I'm going to share a scrapbook two-page layout that I did for my son, Colt. His passion is definitely music. I wanted to scrapbook a layout that would pay tribute to his love of music and to have a keepsake CD of some of his songs that he's written or recorded with his recording equipment.



The song playing in the background is the song he sang at his homeschool senior graduation.....This is My Desire.



The above journaling reads:

A Passion for Music....This boy eats, sleeps and breathes music. Music is such a big part of his life. Colt's first interest began with singing when he was 8 years old. He moved from that to playing the piano and drums, then on to the bass guitar, then acoustic and electric guitar. Colt plays the bass guitar on our church Praise Team on Sundays. He plays the guitar and sings on the Youth Praise Team on Wednesdays. The majority of his free time is spent playing the guitar, drums or piano, singing, writing songs, recording, listening to music or planning his next music venture. Yes, I think it's fair to say that Colt's Passion is definitely Music.

Colt has also been in several bands through the years, but one thing that remains constant is his use of his talent for the Lord. He likes to play the drums every now and then and play around with the piano, but the guitar is what he loves best.



I know no matter what path lies in front of him, music will always be a part of his life.......and I'm glad.

14 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Oh Tammy that is just awesome. What a great tricbute to Coly and his musical ability.

P.S. I gave you an award please stop over and pick it up!

Mary

Kindra-At Home With K said...

What scrapbook pages for Colt!! Does he want some type of music for his career? That's great he such a passion for it!

Julie said...

Oh, Tammy!
Your scrapbook pages are beautiful!
I know that your son appreciates what you've made for him, so much!
You're just so sweet!

Blessings,
Julie

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

What an awesome scrap page for Colt!!! My son Mat is musically inclined as well and music is his life as well!!! He taught himself how to play his instruments which is such a God give talent!! My hubby plays the drums and he taught himself as well!!
I pray that he goes far with his music and that the Lord will continue to Bless him even more!!! Take care and have a great day!!~Wendy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So nice Wendy, you have a wonderful son...I've heard scrapbooking is addictive but I wouldn't know where to start? Any suggestions?
*Rondell*

Stephanie said...

your scrapbool paged look so good

Deb said...

Wonderful scrapbook page. I really enjoyed your last post and reading about how you found your sweet dog Liberty and how she became part of your family.

Julie said...

Life without music--can't think of it!! I love your pages. They look so thought-out and nice. What a talented son. That's a blessing. Have great day. Julie

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

They are beautiful, Tammy! I love to scrapbook as well -- though I am WAY behind at the moment. Everything is ready and waiting...

I enjoy the hobby because we all treasure the finished products so much. The kids have memorized every story and page, it seems, and that just melts my heart.

What a lovely tribute to Colt. Keep sharing!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

I have an award for you, stop by my blog! blessings

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Thank you, Tammy!
I love your scrapbook pages about your son! I love to scrapbook too, but am so far behind! I really need to make the time to get caught up and do it regularly.
Have a nice evening!

Angie said...

tammy,

i love that page layout..the background is especially neat! i have a bunch of scrapbooking stuff, too..but, like you, i sometimes feel overwhelmed trying to accomplish a layout. (ohhh and the fact that i have way too may pics to choose from!) i think it just comes to you when it comes to you..like your page about Colt!

~Angie

Anonymous said...

this is way cool, i wish you would scrap book my life for me =D how about when i get married someday!!

Daffodil Hill said...

Great pages! I had no idea that Colt is so talented. You must be very proud of him. Music has always been a huge part of my own life and of my children's lives as well. I expect God has special plans for your son.