Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gifts of Kindness

This is a two-fold post.

First of all, Kindra, gave me a blogging award, the "Arte y Pico" sometime last week. I feel very honored that she thought of me and I thank you very much, Kindra! I admire you...you're one talented lady and the love for your family and sweet little boys just shines through on your posts! I look forward to my daily visit to your blog and I appreciate all your very sweet comments. Although I've only known you for a couple of months, I feel like I've known you forever..like a kindred spirit! And I just love my blocks I purchased from you! I know I'll be visiting your Etsy store many more times in the future!



And then today, Stephanie, presented me with the same award. Thank you so much Stephanie! I just recently found your blog and saved it to my favorites so I could check in everyday! I am really enjoying reading about your decor projects and family. I'm looking forward to getting to know you even better! Thanks so much for thinking of me with the award!

Now the rules to this award are the following:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribution to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.

4) The award winner and one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog so everyone will know the origin to this award.

5) To show these rules.

Now there were so many great blogs to give this award to, that I had a really hard time! First of all, so many of you have been presented this award lately and I already had several people in mind to present it to and they have been presented with the award within the past week (By Linda and Kindra and others). I know we all have the same circle of friends....so I thought of other blogs that I love to visit that I thought deserving of the award that haven't received it yet, so here goes (in no particular order):

Tomatoe Creek Prims
Rondell, we first met on the CS forum and I enjoyed all your prim pictures and ideas then and I still do. Thanks for your help on my blog! I always look forward to seeing what you're sharing with us on your blog and getting to know those precious grandaughters of yours!

The Fraker Farm
Paula, you always make me smile when I read your posts and sometimes just downright laugh! I love the feel of your blog and since I've always had this desire to live on a farm, I love reading about yours!

Family Doins
Tammy, I found your blog not too long ago and I already feel like I've known you forever! You've got a great name! :) I'm enjoying getting to know your family and I look forward to reading more about your homeschool adventures as we share ours! And I'd definitely take you up on being my yard sale buddy!

Sandals and Daisies
Angie, You've only been blogging for the month of June (that I've seen) and I think you're doing a great job. I'm enjoying your blog very much! I appreciate your comments so much too!

Farmhouse Blessings
Lea, You have the greatest ideas on frugal living! I just love seeing what you come up with! You have a great family and have such a kind heart. I look forward to learning more about your family, your place there on that great land, and your homeschooling adventures! I enjoy my visits to your blog!

I would also like to give Linda
a big hug and thank you for walking me through how to do the links properly with a name!

And now the second act of kindness I wanted to share with you is a little different. Sometime last week, I was tagged by Deb
for a meme which I answered (and just recently tagged again by Linda). One of the questions asked to name 5 kind things I've done for a stranger. Well one of them was the older couple that I invited into my home when their vehicle broke down. We had a great visit and shared a snack and drink. Well I wanted to share the flip side to that act of kindness. This sweet lady was a crafter actually on her way to a crafts show that weekend. They broke down with their RV in tow. As she left my home that day, she glanced around at my living room one more time and asked for my address. She said she wanted to send me a little something and she had just the thing she wanted to do. She thanked me again and they were on their way. Three or four weeks passed by and I had forgotten all about it. Then a package arrived in the mail. I opened it to find the nicest thank you card and a wonderful Americana gift.



Isn't it so sweet? It is painted on a cabinet door. I've had it for quite a few years now and it hangs in a place of honor. It's above my staircase and one of the first things you see walking in our front door. I love decor items that hold a memory for me (kind of like Christmas ornaments) and I'll never forget that lady and her gift of kindness to me!

Be kind to someone today!

14 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Congrats on the award!!!

Mary

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Awwww How sweet to have that as a reminder of the special connection you had with that couple. I love stories like that!

I enjoy your blog as well - I am so glad I found you!

hugs, Linda

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Thank you for your kind words Tammy!! You are just so sweet. And I count my blessing I have met you and many other fun gals with blogging!! What a great network we have!

And what a great gift the couple sent you. You were so sweet to invite the in your home, not everyone would do that! Good things come to good people!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Isn't it true that what we give of ourselves comes back to us in ways we could never have imagined?

Congratulations (twice over!) for your award, Tammy! You deserve it so. And how wonderful to have a one-of-a-kind reminder of what kindness means to people. So sweet.

Have a wonderful week!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Congradulations Tammy on the award and thanks so much for thinking of me, I'll display it proudly on my blog! So glad we met on CS forum I enjoy your blog too!

Blessings Rondell

Deb said...

Hi Tammy, congratulations on your award, and what a great post. I'm glad you have something to remind you of that day and that you thought to share it with us. Deb

Tammy said...

Tammy! First of all, congratulations on your award! And I am SO honored that I was one of your recipients!

I feel exactly the same way...we just "met" but feel as though we've been friends for ages!

What a wonderful "ending" to your story about inviting in that couple who had been stranded...you did it without expecting anything in return, but you were blessed anyway...and that is such an adorable Americanna piece!

Thank you again, Tammy!
Hugs,
~ (the other)Tammy

Rosemary said...

Wow I love that picture! How nice is that????

Congrats on the award, you SO deserve it!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

HI Tammy - I wanted to let you know about Jennifer Bowman's albums on Webshots where I have all my house pics.
Her url is:
http://community.webshots.com/user/jenniferbowman72

Enjoy!! hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

congrats on your award as well!! Have a great day:)

Julie said...

Congratulations on your double awards, Tammy!
Isn't that tough, picking just 5?!
Blessings,
Julie

Angie said...

Tammy,

wow! you are so kind to think of me! i am very new here but already feel so fortunate and blessed to have met you and so many others. i love reading about your family and it makes me smile to know that you enjoy hearing about mine, too! thank you so much!

~Angie

p.s. i will do my best to pass this on..will have to do some blog reading!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Your awards are so well deserved. This is such an uplifting place to visit and I always enjoy my time here.

Thank you so much for honoring me as well. Shucks ~ I'm blushing.

Hugs,
Lea

Paula said...

Awww, Tammy... you are so sweet!!! Thanks so much for the kind words- and a BIG congrats to you, too!! You deserve it!
I'm going to have to start spending less time in the garden and more time blogging- I've been missing some important stuff! LOL
Thanks again, sweetie!